Most aquarium fans will ask the questions: What fish can live with bettas?
Bettas are possibly the most stunning fish to keep as a pet. The colors make our aquarium looks livelier. In addition, Bettas fish size is perfect for our fish tank. However, it is hard to keep this fish with other kinds of fish. Bettas are called Siamese fighting fish for some reasons. That is why it is sometimes difficult to find Bettas fish mate. We have to select fish that will live peacefully with betas. We have to choose the fish that will not fight with Bettas. Though the fish cannot get along with a tank mate easily, it is still possible to find the right fish to keep with the Bettas.
Here are the things that we should check before buying the tank mate for Bettas.
- Don’t choose aggressive fish. If the fish are similarly aggressive, the Bettas will get fight them in no time.
- Don’t buy big fish with a colorful look. The color can be so intimidating. Thus, we should never start the fight. The big fish is also a bad idea for this reason.
- The size of the aquarium matters. We have to keep it 5 gallons so the fish will feel comfortable.
- Don’t buy bottom feeders fish. Those types of fish are usually the enemy of Bettas.
- Always give different dietary if the fish types need to feed differently.
- Place some ornaments to give the fish good spots to hide.
What fish can live with Bettas in a 2 gallon tank?
It is the best to have Zebra Snails to keep the tank clean. This fish is small and non aggressive. Though this fish is a snail, it looks pretty for the tank. For 2 gallon tank, a single zebra is enough. The snail will wander back and forth to eat the food. Therefore, it will keep the water clear and clean.
What fish can live with bettas without a filter?
We all know that betas fish can live in a bowl without a filter. Now, we have to look for a bettas mate that can also live in the tank properly though we do not give a filter for it. Based on the aquarium fan forum, there is no exact answer for this question. It means that no fish can live well in an aquarium without a filter. Therefore, we need to make sure that we keep the fish in an aquarium with a good filter and air circulation.
What fish can live with bettas in a 1-gallon tank?
There are various kinds of fish that can go well with the Bettas. Here are only some five fish that can be a good option:
- White Cloud Mountain Minnows
2. Clown Pleco
3. Pygmy Corydora
4. Ember Tetras
5. Harlequin Rasboras
The most important thing when finding the right mate for Bettas is the one that will not make the fish fights. In addition, we need to make sure that the fish will not get stressed. We have to keep the fish tank happy and healthy. Another betta fish article you may look ‘ What do Betta Fish Eat? ‘